Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mommy/Daughter night out

Tuesday night P & I decided to have some time alone. She has been very jealous of sissy since she started school. So we went to the grocery store and got a few things, then to Starbucks to get my free voters coffee, Krispy Kreme to get my free voters donut and then we hit the Mini- Put. It is a place with games and miniature golf. We spent about 45 mins playing games and then headed back home. She was so excited to go. I really miss spending quality time with her.
Daddy asked her a few days before if she wanted to go out with mommy and she said that she just wanted to stay home and paint all the pics in her coloring book. I knew if we would have stayed home T would have gone crazy not being able to be with me also. Of course T was not happy about not being able to go with us but her and daddy watched Elmo and read some books. So I decided that P & I are going to have one night a week of quality time and then one night a week I'll spend quality time here at the house with T.
Kids grow up too fast to let other things take our time away from them. Spend as much time with your kids as you can. I would rather have more work to do during the day then miss spending time with my girls.

3 comments:

Mary said...

that sounds like a great idea! I might try something like that with Mea also b/c she is jealous alot of Tiana. By the way I just got Tiana potty trained! NO more pull up, not even at night time! I am so proud of her!

Anonymous said...

That was very good, you are so smart. Kids do need one on one.
Love Mom

It Takes Four said...

Great idea! I am glad you both enjoyed yourselves.