Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First day of School!

Well today my little girl went to school for the first time. When we got there she headed right in and went to play. I had to call her over to tell daddy , me and sissy bye. We talked with the teacher for a few minutes and then left. I was fine till we left then I got all teary eyed.I can'tbelieve she is in school. It seems like yesterday when Scott said a comment about her starting school and I replied" we have a long time for that yet". Boy was I wrong. Teagen was pretty bored and lost without her sissy here and wanted her to come home and not stay at school. We got along fine all day. I keep her busy and her mind off it. When 20 came along I had put all 3 little ones in the car to get Payten. Yes I took one to school and now have 3. I have another baby in the afternoons for a few hours. Well when I got to school Scott called to tell me that we were about to get some severe storms and were under a tornado warning and that one had already touched down to a town close by. So suggested I go in to get Payten and not wait for her to be brought out. Luckily I did cause the teachers were not allowed to let any child be dismissed unless the parent came in to pick them up, due to the tornado's. So I had to get out my double stroller and take 3 children inside.
I get in there and Payten continues to play and never acknowledges me there. It took me about 10 mins to get her out the door. Sh loved her first day and wants to go back tomorrow. She was a ittle upset about not getting to pick a prize out of the treasure chest but I explained that it started tomorrow. She looked so cute and grown up in her uniform. I am so proud of her.

6 comments:

teresa said...

I am glad her first day went well. I think its harder on us than them sometimes. She looks so cute in her uniform.

Elizabeth F. said...

OMG-She looks so grown with the backpack and lunch box! So cute, I'm glad it went well.

Shelly said...

Awww! So beautiful and grown up! I'm glad her first day of school was great and you survived!

Anonymous said...

Payten looked so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes. She looked so growned up and different.
Love Mom

Mary said...

how adorable! I can't believe how time flies!

Stam House said...

Oh what a big girl going to school she look so cute!!!