Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm Back!

Oh my, I didn't realize it has been almost a month since I last blogged. We have been so busy and there is so much to write about. I guess I will start with Father's Day. We went to the Asheboro Zoo, it was about 2 hours form our house. We had a great time. Unfortunately we got there late so we had to haul our butts around to see everything. But boy was that a work out. It was not like every other zoo I had been in. The land was not flat or slightly hilly but in a mountain where you were literally climbing the mountain in some areas. My legs were so sore for about a week and I had shin splints. The girls had a blast. They talked about the animals for weeks and bugged to go back. I would love to go back in the fall after it cools a little so the animals will be more energetic. Here are a few pics...


P & T in a Polar Bear cave!

Daddy, P & T in a birds nest on the carousel

Also in the month of June we had Scott's work picnic where we won a $50.00 gift card for the outback steakhouse. Can't wait to use that. We were going to use it that nite but we were so full from all the food at the picnic we went to Chili's instead and had appetizers, while our good friend Shelly watched the girls for us.

Also our best friends from PA came down on the 27th and stayed till July 3. It was a great week. We had so much fun and the kids were so happy to see each other. We did plenty of swimming, shopping and just hanging out. We drove over to the Outer Banks and went to Nags Head Beach for the day. I am so glad it was a great day. We were a little worried about the smoke from the Forrest fire that is burning not far from there. We ended that trip by shopping at the outlets.

On July 7th I start to babysit a 3 1/2 month old. I have been trying to find a babysitting job for a while now. God decided it was time for me to have this job. IT was supposed to be for 2 weeks. After the first day her mom called and asked if I would mind doing it permanently. She is such a good baby and the girls just love to help me take care of her. It is nice having a extra income while being able to stay home with my girls.

On July 25 we leave to go camping at a KOA in Cape Hatteras. We are so looking forward to it.

No comments: