Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sleepless Night

Well this is exactly why I named my blog what I did. I have not had more than 4 hours asleep at night yet this week or for about 2-3 weeks. Last night Payten woke me at 1 am about an hour after I went to sleep. I got her a drink then I got her back in bed and sleep at about 130. Then they both woke me at 4. Of course since Teagen refused to eat supper last night she was hungry. I gave them both an yogurt. I know not the best thing to give at 4 am but I was so tired I was not able to fight with them. I got them both in bed and Payten was asleep by445 and Teagen at 515. I feel asleep on her bedroom floor. I was tired I could not even sit up. I woke up off and on till Payten woke me again at 7. I got up off the floor finally and attempted to get into my bed. As soon as I walked out of Teagen's room she woke up crying. I took them both over to my bed and attempted to get a few more hours of sleep. I would have been happy for an hour but of course they would not go back to sleep. They watched tv in my room for about 30 mins then they had to go downstairs to get a drink then refused to go back upstairs so mommy could lay down. SO I have been up ever since. I am so tired and worn down i can't do anything. I have managed to throw a pot roast in the oven and do a load of laundry but that is it. I just wish they would sleep through the nite again. I don't know what it is like anymore to get more than 5 hours straight sleep with no interuptions. I try to go to bed early but they must know and get up earlier and even more through the nite. Anyone have any suggestions?

3 comments:

Mary said...

Did the results come back from Peyton yet? I hope they can help so you can rest. If I was down there or you were up here I would have you bring them over to play with Mea and Tiana while you caught up on your sleep.

Miss you all and best of luck...

Anonymous said...

I wish you could get the kids straighten up. Tell them that Grammy said that they should sleep all night. I hope something soon works.
Love MOM

Covey and Justin said...

I know the boat you are in--I have an 18 month old and he doesn't sleep well either. I haven't slept longer than 3 or 4 hours since he was born. With #2 due in a few weeks I am getting really scared!! One thing that has helped for us is "Baby Wise." Don't know if you have read that book but once we got EJ on a strict schedule of eating/napping/bedtime routine MOST nights have gone much better. He still has some horrible nights but they are fewer than before. Not sure if it would help your girls but it might be worth a shot.