Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Marriage

Wednesday night my hubby and I went to a connection class at church. It was on marriage. This was the first class we ever went to. The girls went into their own classes while we were in ours. It was very interesting. The had a couple talk about their marriage of 31 years then they showed a video on a person doing a marriage seminar at another church. It was very interesting. Boy did the video have everyone laughing throughout it. He talked about how in your marriage God comes first, then each other, then children, and then family. That is when I realized where my mistake is. I am always putting our children before my spouse. I know in a lot of instances I have to but not all the time. So that is something I need to work on. Also I have to realize that during the day when hubby is working the kids get my attention all day so then when hubby gets home from work I need to give him a lot of attention also. I always told hubby that I felt he should put the kids before me but he doesn't always. It gave us a lot of insight on our marriage, even though we have been married for almost 9 years. It never hurts to get others advice or see their ways.
You never realize before marriage how much work you really need to put into marriage to make it work. I would have never thought of it when I was single. I always thought hey you fall in love, get married and live happily ever after and everything always fell into place. I know my parents tried to drill it into me about how hard you have to work at marriage to make it work most of the time. But as an 18 yr old, I knew it all or most of it. I am so glad my parents raised me the way they did. They taught me to never give up and work at things till they are right. Also to fight for what you believe in. I know that without their constant love and showing me the right directions in life I would never be where I am today. Thank you Dad and Mom. I love you!
So if you are having a rough time in your marriage DON"T GIVE UP. Keep working at it. Look to God and family for support. It will all work out in the end. And if it comes down to it then see a counselor. You are not a failer if you go in that direction, whether you are man or woman. You are not weak either if that is the help you need to help make it work and get over the bad bumps in the road. When you get married you go from 2 to 1. Even though you are still individuals. As God says , do not let man separate that as I have joined together as one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the connection class. It sure can give you some good ideas. It is good to hear how other couples make out with their marriage. I'm glad you realized you need to give your Husband attention. I'm glad you are glad we raised you the way we did. It makes it all worth while.
Thank You,
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the connection class. It sure can give you some good ideas. It is good to hear how other couples make out with their marriage. I'm glad you realized you need to give your Husband attention. I'm glad you are glad we raised you the way we did. It makes it all worth while.
Thank You,
Love Mom

Elizabeth F. said...

I wish I would have gone on Wednesday night too. It is soooo true that your relationship with your Hubby deserves alot of attention. If you don't, then one day your kids will be big and you and your Hubby will be strangers. When you have babies and toddlers unfortunately their immediate needs do have to come first, and hubby has to wait a little. But as they get older, it is more realistic to be able to have more one on one time together. I love date nights now that I feel more comfortable leaving our kids every now and then.