Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Fun & Learning

Here is something that my brother and I used to do all the time when we were kids. It is called the rubber egg. Here is what you'll need....
Eggs
viniger
glass

Fill the glass half way with viniger. Now place the egg in it. Just a plain egg. Wait for 10 days and when you take the egg out of the viniger the egg with be rubber. This is completely true. My brother and I would try everything to break the rubber eggs and could never accomplish that. you can throw them and drop them and they will survive it. It was always cool watching them transform into rubber. Give a try and then leave me a comment on how well it worked and what you thought of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was nice to read about you & your brother making rubber eggs. It brought back good memories.
Love Dee

Sarah said...

Your post made me smile. Tim has told me before about how you guys used to make rubber eggs. In fact, he made one not too long ago to show me. Hope you had a good weekend!

Mary said...

hahaha I remember when one broke when we were in your parents suburban on the way to the mall, I think Lisa broke it all over her pants haha good times, miss those days

Mary said...

I don't think we let that egg sit long enough- that must be why it broke, or she sat on it or something LOL