Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sleepless

I guess today is going to one of those days again. I was able to get 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night. I went to bed at 12:30am and then Payten (oldest) woke me up at 1:30 am for a drink. She of course didn't want to go back to sleep unless I would sit with her. So I sat beside her bed and started to doze off when Teagen(youngest) woke up. Of course my legs fell asleep, so she wanted to go get a drink and I am sitting there trying to get my legs to wake up. You know how when they fall asleep and then when they try to wake up you get that painful stinging in them. Well that's what I got but really bad. I was trying to keep her calm since she was upset I was not moving and I myself trying not to scream in pain. I finally got up and came downstairs and Payten woke up again screaming cause she knew I left the room. I had hurried up and got Teagen her milk and ran back upstairs. I was so exhausted that instead of trying to fight them back into their beds I put them in our bedroom on a makeshift bed on the floor. Payten went right to sleep but Teagen would not unless I layed beside her. So trying not to fall asleep cause I know the pain I would be in when I woke from the floor, I kept trying to get up and go into my bed every time I thought Teagen was asleep. But she always knows when I leave if she is not into that deep sleep. I ended up laying on the floor with her awake for 3 hours. Finally at 5 am she went into her deep sleep. I crawled up into bed( which was a task) and feel right to sleep. Only to be woke up at 7:30 by Payten cause she pee ed her pants on the floor. Nice right, perfect beginning of a sleepless day. Granted she only woke me up 20 mins early before my alarm went off to get up and get ready to go to our MOPS meeting. Hopefully I can stay awake through it and last till nap time.

3 comments:

Jenny W said...

Hi Gina! I"m Jenny, one of Elizabeth's Indiana friends. Welcome to the blogosphere! Sorry you're not sleeping... caffeine is a good replacement:)

Elizabeth F. said...

Hey...you two have met! AT Chile's I think when Jenny came to visit. IT's so weird to have friends from different worlds of mine to connect in Bloggerville. LOL!

Liz said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Thanks for visiting my blog (I think it was you!) I am pretty new myself! It looks like you are doing a great job of coming up with lots of topics to post about!