Saturday, January 26, 2008

Ink Stains

I went to empty the dryer this morning and what do I find, a whole lot of ink. That's right. An ink pen went through the wash and dryer. All of our clothes, Payten's bedding, her favorite blanket that Mommy made for her when she was an infant, and a pair of her pants. Including all over the dryer drum. It was a mess. I was so furious but understood that it was an accident. It could and probably has happened to many of you. Well so hubby and i spent 4 1/2 hours total time today getting out ink stains with hair spray. You just spray it on the spot then blot it. Continue to do so till all stains are out. Then spray with stain remover and rewash. Make sure you put a towel under the clothing. Right now my hands, fingers,shoulders and arms hurt really bad. Unfortunately hubbies monogrammed work shirts were in there. The items that got the worse of it was Payten's bedding and her favorite blanket. I don't think they are going to be able to be saved. Hopefully I will be able to find the same material to make her a new one.
To start the whole jinxing of the weekend, we started to watch "Good luck Chuck" last night. Payten woke up right in the beginning of it and refused to go back to bed till 1:30 am. So the movie was out. Now we are going to try again tonight as soon as hubby finishes blotting another work shirt. We were able to get to Walmart tonight to get our shopping done. Hopefully tomorrow will be much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you could get ink stains out like. You sure are smart. I hope you can get it out of everything,If not I hope you can still use it. It was good your Hubby helped you with all the work. Things sure do happen.
Love MOM