Thursday, January 10, 2008

How to clean your diamonds!

My husband actually sent me this video. In case you don't want to watch the video I'll tell you about it. They give you a cleaning solution to use to clean your diamonds instead of taking them to get professionally cleaned. What you'll need is... ammonia, water, dish soap, old toothbrush, and a measuring cup.


1st- add to measuring cup 1/6 ammonia


2nd- add 5/6 water


3rd- heat solution for about 2 mins in microwave


4th- put diamond(s) in solution and let soak for 5 -10 minutes depending on how dirty they are


5th- remove diamonds


6th- add a small amount of dish soap to an old toothbrush


7th- gently brush diamond from all angles


8th- rinse in warm water


9th- gently dry diamond


They also let you know that if you are going to do this over a sink make sure to close the drain, so you do not lose your diamond.


Here is the site.


http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=912e227e-becd-448b-b5a1-395579490ba6

3 comments:

Elizabeth F. said...

I like the new look! I just noticed...when did you do it?

Elizabeth F. said...

P.S. Check your Blog links on your side-bar. Half of them don't go to the right page. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is very interesting. I didn't know you could clean Diamonds that way. It sounds like alot of work, I think I will still take mine to the jewerler. Thanks