Thursday, October 11, 2007

"The Terrible Twos"

Okay gals. I know my Mary is a calm, well-behaved little muppet and compared to a lot of kids she is an absolute angel. But today she showed me that she is still just a two year old angel. This morning she screamed for a solid hour. And totally thrashed when I tried to pick her up to hug her and help her calm down. All sparked by her refusal to put on a jacket to go out earlier...which snowballed into a total avalanche that lasted most of the morning. I honestly was at a total loss for what to do. Man, I don't wish time away but I'll be happy when this phase is a thing of the past! Glad I have you more experienced Mamas to help guide me through :O). Hope I'm not the only one that's running on caffeine and one frayed-hanging-on-for-dear-life nerve (with tons of love attached of course). Any advise would surely be appreciated.

1 comment:

Summer said...

From experience the "terrible twos" are peaceful and calm compared to the "throw them out the window threes". LOL

Deep breath, lots of chocolate, and endless patience. Or a good discman to drown it all out.