Friday, September 7, 2007

Correction

You know, it sucks to have our hands smacked, even as adults! Figuratively speaking, of course. I got in trouble today for sending out an email to my LLL Leaders that report to me. I was trying to be thoughtful and send them that Chick-Fil-A Coupon and evidently someone told my "higher up" that I was sending junk mail. Lovely. I was trying to be nice.

So, now my pride is hurt. In hind-sight I should not have sent it, but it wasn't really junk, right? Anyway, it sucks to have someone correct you...even once. I wonder how my kids feel all day long being corrected for almost every over-sight. Yeah, when things like this happen it really puts us in our places. Ughh...

3 comments:

Love being a Mommy said...

Awww! I'm sorry. You were trying to do a nice thing. I would feel the same way you do. I am sooooo not good at taking even "constructive criticism." I get very defensive on the inside, but try hard not to show it on the outside.

As for the kids, I think they're better at taking it than we are. I think we learn as we get older that it's not a fun thing.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Sarafu said...

Oh, I totally know what your talking about. It is always a humbling experiance when something like that happens. I like your point about the kids. I remember being a kid thinking that it must be nice to be an adult because they dont get yelled at for every little mistake they make.If they spilled something thay just cleaned it up, they didnt get a lecture about how thye need to be more careful. :) I need to keep that in mind.

Sarafu said...

Oh, and just for the record, I dont think you were doing anything wrong, some people will complain about anything. :)