Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Returns anyone?

Ok, so I went to return, or actually exchange, a shirt at Aeropostale for my niece's birthday. After coming out of there, I told Bill that if I had a blog I would totally write about that.....so here I am.

Bill took the kids to look at some sunglasses because he assumed I would be in the store for a while. I was in and out in 30 seconds. NO JOKE! Thirty seconds was all it took to get my exchange. On the way in I saw the exact shirt I had, but needed a different size. While picking up the shirt a sales woman asked me if I had an exchange (she could see my bag). I said I did and asked if she needed the receipt. She said nope, here you go, and took the old shirt out of the bag while replacing it with the new. I didn't even have to go to the register. Seriously, I was out in 30 seconds.

I found Bill and the kids and he looked at me like, what went wrong? I smiled and said, "That was THE best exchange I've ever had!" Props to Aeropostale for the best exchange ever!

2 comments:

OrganicMama said...

Any worst return ever stories?

Here's mine: I got into the "I work hard for my money, so if it doesn't work, I'm returning it!" phase a few years ago (about 2003ish). The Bristol, VA Wal-Mart banned me from returning anything else without a receipt! I even returned used deodorant...only slightly used...eeeoooo. What was I thinking?! The ladies at the cust. service desk looked at me like I was insane.

OrganicMama said...

Aeropostle must rule!